urbanbubble require a Community Manager to be responsible for the management and customer services of an exciting new development in the heart of Manchester City Centre. Ensuring the smooth running of the building and that all the resident services are carried out to a high standard and are delivered timely, accurately and in a cost effective manner. To act as the face of the development for the residents, managing the team and enhancing the overall customer experience.
Who are urbanbubble?
Urbanbubble are the North West’s fastest-growing residential property management company. We pride ourselves on revolutionising the property industry through our passion to deliver the highest standards of service and customer care to everyone who comes into our path! Established in 2008, urbanbubble employs over 150 people and have built our residential portfolio to 9,000 homes, with 14,000 residents across Manchester and Liverpool. Over the past 10 years there has been consistent 40% growth year-on-year. This trend is set to continue with a pipeline of prestigious schemes in a variety of cities across the UK through to 2022. Future growth is under-pinned by some of the leading developers, most revered investors and iconic residential-communities of tomorrow. urbanbubble has devised and executed a customer-centric service that will lead the way, partnering with Legal and General, DTZi, Salboy, Elliot Group, Capital & Centric and Property Alliance Group, to name but a few.
What would I be responsible for?
- Support the mobilisation phase of new schemes, liaising with the building contractor, ensuring a smooth handover with the commissioning and training of all building services taking place and that all quality issues are raised and managed through to completion
- To ensure our customers and their properties are cared for and maintained to the highest possible standards, in line with budgets, service level agreements and regulatory requirements.
- To plan and implement all building processes that deliver an effective operation on site, an excellent customer experience and align with urbanbubble’s operational standards and comply with key regulations, including RICs, ARMA-Q and H&S
- To deliver all aspects of the Property Management Schedule (PMS), ensuring that all objectives are met.
- To oversee delivery of planned and cyclical maintenance, setting up contracts with the right contractors and suppliers for specific works and ensure urbanbubble standards are met.
- To ensure sites are properly resourced and serviced at all times, with any absences catered for in a cost effective manner.
- To carry out monthly site inspections ensuring KPIs are achieved
- To fully support the onsite team members, ensuring they are properly briefed to manage works. Equally, to maintain an awareness of reactive issues so workload is manageable and prioritised.
- To ensure resident/contractor/landlord compliance with statutory and contractual obligations are met.
- To ensure works and all services are delivered against budget, managing purchase orders, invoices, contracts and any associated financial administration
- To act as the face for the development engaging with residents in a positive manner to ensure that the highest levels of customer care and service are maintained at all times.
- To implement an engagement strategy that includes resident communication and events as well as feedback and satisfaction levels
Health and Safety:
- To keep all legal documentation in presentable fashion and available at all times.
- To outline safe operational procedures which identify and take account of all relevant hazards, recommending and implementing necessary changes to working practices as required.
- To oversee and review Health and Safety audits and appropriate follow-through, to ensure policies and procedures are being properly implemented and a safe environment is provided for residents and staff and keep systems up to date.
- To oversee the delivery of all annual testing and training for our people to ensure total compliance, maintaining robust records.
- To act as a role model for the values and key behaviours across the organisation
- To promote peak performance through proper objective setting, one to one’s, personal development, team meetings and performance reviews.
- To ensure all policies and processes are adhered to and regulations respected, with accurate and timely work delivered by you and members of your team.
- To promote effective two-way communication and true engagement.
- To identify and meet individual learning needs, acting as coach and mentor as required.
- To oversee contractors and manage disputes on works, customer complaints and resolve any service issues with third parties, in line with escalation procedures.
- To recruit, train and develop talent
What type of person are we looking for?
Critical Experience / Skills required:
- People management skills and the ability to achieve great results through people.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft office packages including Word, Excel and Outlook as well as other systems such as databases or booking systems (training will be provided).
- Organisation skills and time management, with a close attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and active listening skills.
- Effective planning, prioritising and decision making skills.
- Coaching and feedback skills.
- A true team player.
- Financial management skills and detailed understanding.
- IT literate and the confidence to become the system expert of the property management software.
- Conflict management and resolution skills, so as to manage escalated disputes.
Critical Knowledge Required / Qualifications Needed:
- Industry specific knowledge, built up through experience of residential property management.
- Knowledgeable in relevant regulations, legislation, guidance and best practice. Able to apply knowledge practically day-to-day, for example in terms of RICs, ARMA-Q and H&S legislation.
- Seeks opportunities to develop and maintain the necessary technical knowledge required to be fully effective in role.
- IRPM foundation level (or willingness to work towards) - Desirable
- Health and Safety qualification – Desirable
What benefits do you offer?
- Additional day off for your birthday
- Volunteering Days
- Internal sales and letting and recruitment referral fees
- Discounted flexible benefits scheme (such as car parking or gym membership)
- Complimentary reflexology treatments and 10% staff discount for stays with our sister company, Urbana, offering boutique serviced apartments in Liverpool and Manchester
- Company away days and summer BBQ’s.
If you are keen on joining this exciting, forward thinking company and taking the next step in your career, then please click the apply now button to find out more.