Reports to: The General Manager
Salary: Salary £35,000-£40,000 + Benefits + 10% Bonus
urbanbubble require a customer focused and technical Facilities Manager to oversee the housekeeping, maintenance and all 3rd party supplier, contractor and property teams working in the building or on the Blackhorse Mills Development in relation to: Property Management ,Health & Safety, People Management, Compliance Management, Fire safety & Legionella Prevention and General Maintenance.
Who are urbanbubble?
Urbanbubble are the North West’s fastest-growing residential property management company. We pride ourselves on revolutionising the property industry through our passion to deliver the highest standards of service and customer care to everyone who comes into our path! Established in 2008, urbanbubble employs over 150 people and have built our residential portfolio to 9,000 homes, with 14,000 residents across Manchester and Liverpool. Over the past 10 years there has been consistent 40% growth year-on-year. This trend is set to continue with a pipeline of prestigious schemes in a variety of cities across the UK through to 2022. Future growth is under-pinned by some of the leading developers, most revered investors and iconic residential-communities of tomorrow. urbanbubble has devised and executed a customer-centric service that will lead the way, partnering with Legal and General, DTZi, Salboy, Elliot Group, Capital & Centric and Property Alliance Group, to name but a few.
What would I be responsible for?
- To effectively manage and lead the Facilities Team and to provide the customers with consistently efficient and high quality
- To manage the site cleaning related resources including equipment, materials and consumables to achieve quality standards and maximum profitability.
- To provide and present performance and relevant Business reports as required by the General Manager including performance and financial reports and forecasts.
- To lead on the effective management of Health and Safety to ensure the highest standards of health and safety are achieved.
- To promote effective client relationships and achieve high customer satisfaction.
- To lead on, develop, implement, and monitor quality processes to ensure compliance and continuous improvement targets are
- being met.
- To participate and contribute, as required, to the strategic and operational management of the business.
- To provide, as required, out of hours support for cleaning operations.
- To manage and coordinate contractors when needed to keep all legal documentation in presentable fashion and
- available at all times.
- To check working order and condition of: Lighting; Heating; Fire control system, Alarms and Smoke Ventilation; Lifts; Water pumps and tanks; Doors and windows; Waste chutes; Access control systems, locks and security.
- To co-ordinate, instruct and allow access for services to the development, such as refuse collection, deliveries, repairs and maintenance and utility companies.
- To provide guidance and assistance to residents in a willing and friendly manner to ensure that the highest levels of customer
- care and service are maintained at all times.
- To deal effectively with complaints and remain courteous at all times.
- To pro-actively deal with any maintenance and cleaning problems identified within the development and regularly carry out site inspections. Examples include changing light bulbs, adjusting door hinges, touch-up of walls and small joinery works.
Health and Safety:
- To ensure there is a fitting approach to risk assessments and method statements.
- To outline safe operational procedures which identify and take account of all relevant hazards, recommending and
- implementing necessary changes to working practices as required.
- To oversee and review Health and Safety audits and appropriate follow-through, to ensure policies and procedures are being properly implemented and a safe environment is provided for residents and staff and keep Trackrecord up to date.
- To oversee the delivery of all annual testing and training for our people to ensure total compliance, maintaining robust records.
- To act as a senior member of The Slate Yard team, contributing proactively to operations and role modelling the values and key
- To recruit, develop and retain talent.
- To promote peak performance through proper objective setting, one to one’s, personal development, team meetings and
- performance reviews.
- To manage and support the team with any issues or changes they may experience, such as sickness absence, maternity or
- poor performance for example, operating in line with regulations and policy.
- To ensure all policies and processes are adhered to and regulations respected, with accurate and timely work delivered by you and members of your team.
- To promote effective two-way communication and true engagement.
- To identify and meet individual learning needs, acting as coach and mentor as required
What type of person are we looking for?
Critical Experience / Skills required:
- Communication skills – both verbal and written.
- Customer service, including negotiation skills and dealing with difficult situations.
- People management skills and the ability to achieve great results through people.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft office packages including Word, Excel and Outlook as well as other systems such as databases or booking systems (training will be provided).
- Organisation skills and time management, with a close attention to detail.
- Industry specific knowledge, commercial understanding and business acumen.
- Seeks opportunities to develop and maintain the necessary technical knowledge required to be fully effective in role
- 5 years’ experience within the property management arena, preferably residential property.
- Significant experience and proven track record in delivering the highest standards of customer service.
- People management experience and a demonstrable ability to deliver amazing results through people.
Critical Knowledge Required / Qualifications Needed:
- Health and Safety and Environmental Legislation - must be proficient with current Health, Safety and Environment legislation and practice.
- Knowledgeable in relevant regulations, legislation, guidance and best practice. Able to apply knowledge practically day-to-day, for example in terms of RICs, ARMA-Q and H&S legislation.]
- Seeks opportunities to develop and maintain the necessary technical knowledge required to be fully effective in role.
- ARPM, Member level (or working towards). (Essential)
- Degree level education (Desirable)
What benefits do you offer?
- Additional day off for your birthday
- Internal sales and letting and recruitment referral fees
- Auto enrolment into our Pension scheme
- Discounted flexible benefits scheme (such as car parking or gym membership)
- Complimentary reflexology treatments and 10% staff discount for stays with our sister company, Urbana, offering boutique serviced apartments in Liverpool and Manchester
- Company away days and summer BBQ’s.
If you are keen on joining this exciting, forward thinking company and taking the next step in your career, then please click the apply now button to find out more.