GENERAL MANAGER - BTR
Location: Peckham, London
Report to: Asset Manager
Direct Reports: Leasing Associate
LIV is a leading build to rent and residential block management company, delivering services nationwide. We currently manage tens of thousands of apartments in the UK and are involved in numerous schemes at different stages of development. Our clients include major developers and global investment funds and we also represent thousands of leaseholders nationwide.
The diversity of our client base calls for an integrated team approach and our experts strive to deliver value to our clients through clear, innovative thinking and timely solutions. We are also firm believers that you create your own success! As an entrepreneurial business we recognise and promote individuals who show potential to commit and grow with the business.
LIV is part of Cortland, who wish to develop 10,000 BTR units in the UK over the next 5-7 years commencing with our first 486-unit BTR residential development in Watford.
As a General Manager, you lead the onsite team in conducting the day-to-day operations of a multimillion-pound, residential community. You will have overall responsibility for the performance of the development and own such areas as; customer experience, finance performance, compliance, and occupancy. Here are the other roles you’ll play:
- Accountable for the operational delivery of your development and have the ability to draw upon your extensive property experience
- Diplomatic, comfortable running the show, and impassioned by the desire to give residents an exceptional living experience
- Provide guidance when residents have any problems, remaining calm and using good judgment to find solutions
- Relate well to all types of personalities and have the ability to communicate at a number of levels within the business
- Lead by example to inspire your site team to exceed expectations at every opportunity
- Share priorities with your team to make sure they follow protocol and keep residents comfortable and safe at all times
- Maintain an open-door policy where associates can talk to you about improving their sales skills or planning a resident event
- Use your high energy to hire, train, and motivate your team – all while minimising disagreements and misconduct to achieve the ultimate level of synergy
- Set goals to challenge your team, while also holding yourself accountable for their success
- Enjoy running your own mini empire like a true business leader
- Know how to prepare budgets and manage expenditure in line with a business plan
- Continuously review the financial performance of your development and seek to find financial efficiencies
- Complete analysis and reporting of your development’s performance against KPIs and SLAs
- Seek to promote and market your development at every opportunity
- Work closely with local businesses and vendors to establish your development’s brand and identity within the local community
- Responsible for health and safety and statutory compliance, including fire safety and risk assessments
- Manage processes for contractors and suppliers attending site that complete reactive and planned maintenance
- Responsible for implementing a compliance and testing regime, including emergency protocols
- Available to deal with an emergency situation at your development, even whilst off the clock
- Manage and oversee your responsibilities for the estate and service charge budget
THE IMPACT YOU CAN MAKE
- Occupancy, retention, and net operating income are at an all-time high! Implement strategies to achieve the business plan and financial targets
- Your site team is on top of their game, which means the development is running efficiently, and residents renew their lease
- Existing residents are proud to call your development their home, and future residents keen to join the community
- Associates, vendors, and residents always have the information they need because your communication skills are exceptional
YOUR BUILDING BLOCKS OF SUCCESS
- Stellar record of management experience (2+ years preferred)
- Dynamic team leadership and communication abilities
- Expert time management, organisation, and multi-tasking skills in a fast-paced work environment
- Proven ability to manage budgets and proactively solve problems
- Excellent customer relations skills and plenty of energy and enthusiasm
- Resourceful problem solver always up to the challenge
- Superb written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Superior record of improving business results and sophisticated business plan execution
THE LIV DIFFERENCE
At LIV we understand that client service delivery and a focus on the resident experience sits at the heart of what we do. We put our customers and our residents first and enjoy the part we play in building vibrant, new communities.
We have worked extensively on large residential developments throughout the UK which has allowed us to develop specific experience and expertise in all the key areas that are relevant to successful management delivery. We are very fortunate to have a talented team and it is their combined experience which ensures we are at the forefront of the industry today.
Many of our competitors talk about what services they provide but we believe what makes us different is that we have been delivering these promises now for several years, at sites across the country.
With LIV’s plans of further expansion, we would be delighted to see whether you believe you are the right person to continue this exciting journey with us.
LIV is an equal opportunities employer.