We are looking for a PR Manager with a passion for creating standout news stories to join our growing in-house marketing team.
The ideal candidate will have a little black book of contacts with Business, Property, Technology, and Lifestyle editors at the Nationals, as well as experience dealing with Property Trade Press.
You should be comfortable working proactively with different areas of the business including acquisitions, planning, development, design and operations, to dig out information for press stories. You need to be a strong writer, able to adapt your style between a corporate and consumer audience.
You will report to the Marketing Director, as well as working with our consumer PR agency and at times PR consultants for regional projects, to build our national and regional media profile, extend our reach and establish our position as a leader in the Build-to-Rent (BtR) space.
What you’ll do
You will help grow our story from a hyper-growth, family run business, to the leading player in UK BtR by overseeing the day-to-day running of the Moda press office; launching new product streams, funding deals and partnerships to key media; building the profile of Moda’s team; briefing and preparing senior spokespeople for media interviews and keynotes; and telling our communities stories through the use of case studies, data and research.
Your key responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Develop and execute an effective PR and communications strategy, in line with the Moda roadmap and overall commercial objectives
- Run the press office, taking an agile approach when relevant opportunities arise and responding to reactive enquiries
- Own the creation of all press assets including releases, case studies, insight pieces/op-eds, FAQ’s, briefing documents, boilerplates, media packs etc.
- Effectively co-ordinate with relevant stakeholders, both internal and external, to ensure consistent messaging
- Deliver regular, top tier coverage through proactive storytelling, driving awareness of the brand amongst key audiences
- Lead external communications for the launch of new product streams, partnerships and funding, ensuring all coverage is consistent and on-message
- Profile building for Moda’s key team in relevant media and events
- Work with Moda’s supply chain, editing and approving third-party press releases
- Working with the data team to identify key trends and themes around our own communities
- Plan and manage a calendar of external events and speaking opportunities to increase the profile of the company and key members of the team
- Co-ordinate participation in relevant industry awards/programmes as part of the wider company profiling
- Support media training and crisis management sessions with key team members
- Measure the impact of coverage/press activity across core KPIs and provide regular, structured commentary to the wider team
Who you are
- A driven, ambitious individual who’s looking to further build their career at an exciting, fast-growing company
- A great storyteller and strategic thinker who is always full of ideas
- A proactive self-starter with a willingness to learn and solve problems independently
- Outgoing and confident outlook with a willingness to start conversations with people and get stuck in
Experience and Skills
- A minimum of three year’s experience in PR or Journalism working in-house or agency-side
- Proven track record of delivering high-quality coverage
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - Meticulous attention to detail
- Agile and able to work to tight deadlines
- A passion for storytelling and finding new ways to deliver key messages
- Thirsty to secure coverage opportunities across the media spectrum: business, finance, property, consumer, tech & trade press, as well as regional media
- A great network of media contacts and ability to form new relationships quickly
- Confident working with agencies, senior stakeholders, suppliers, and wider team members to deliver on the company’s press and communications strategy
- The ability to form solid relationships with press, influencers, partners, and industry bodies
- An ability to juggle multiple projects and tasks
- Ability to digest data and turn it into a compelling news story
- A good grounding in reporting - to prove the impact of our stories
- Experience using Vuelio or other measurement tools
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, PR or a related field
- Experience working within the residential property sector
How can you resist?
- Competitive salary
- Ability to work remotely
- Workplace pension scheme
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- Quarterly wellbeing workshops
- Free overnight break at one of our UK developments for you a plus one
- Regular socials
- Discounts on leading global brands
- Access to subsidised mental health and wellness services
About Moda Living
Moda is creating the UK’s leading lifestyle experience brand by creating and operating next generation neighbourhoods to live, work and play.
We continue to push the boundaries of style, service and innovation to craft considered, inclusive residential led neighbourhoods, focusing on best-in-class service and high quality design.
We have a development pipeline of over 7,500 homes to rent and 650,000sqft of ancillary amenity, co-working, retail and leisure valued at more than £2.5bn.
But we’re still growing, and that’s why we need you.
Want to live the Moda life?
If Moda sounds like a place you’d like to be, please apply using the 'Apply' button below.