Job title: Property Manager
Location: Manchester City Centre
urbanbubble are looking for an enthusiastic and self-motivated Property Manager to deliver a first class management service for an entire portfolio of managed buildings of up to 2,500 units and in accordance with RIC’s and ARMA-Q. This role will give the candidate a high level of responsibility, ensuring that all levels of the team adhere to the highest standards of service delivery and customer service. You will need to display excellent interpersonal, leadership and communication skills, as well as have a keen analytical eye and an aptitude to problem solve to the highest level. This is an exciting opportunity to partner with Assistant Property Managers and site staff to promote the best industry standards and to ensure that the customers are placed at the upmost priority.
- To ensure our customers and their properties are cared for and maintained to the highest possible standards, in line with budgets, service level agreements and regulatory requirements.
- To plan, execute and support delivery of all aspects of the Property Management Schedule (PMS), ensuring that key time scales and customer commitments are fully met.
- To oversee delivery of planned and cyclical maintenance, determining the best contractors and suppliers to partner with for specific works.
- To work proactively to identify quality and cost effective new contractors and third parties to ensure future works and customer needs are properly catered for.
- To maintain oversight of all works and services, ensuring urbanbubble standards are met.
- To ensure sites are properly resourced and serviced at all times, with any absences catered for in a cost effective manner.
- To fully support the Assistant Property Managers, ensuring they are properly briefed to manage planned work. Equally, to maintain an awareness of reactive issues so workload is manageable, properly shared and prioritised.
- To cost and plan works to deliver all elements of the Property Improvement Plan (IPIP), in agreement with the SPM, capturing activity on QUBE.
- To ensure resident/contractor/landlord compliance with statutory and contractual obligations.
- To manage key processes such as section 20’s, with oversight of enquiries such as contract renewals, utility renewals, insurance claims and renewals, H&S reports and accompanying actions.
- To ensure all sites meet urbanbubble standards and comply with key regulations, including RICs, ARMA-Q and H&S regulations
- To verify Management Information Packs for Leaseholders and Solicitors prior to the sale of a leasehold property and to provide support and knowledge to the Legal and Compliance Administrator in completing the information packs and responding to customer enquiries.
- To support the integration and action plan of work for any new properties to the portfolio, ensuring a smooth transition and seamless service.
- To proactively liaise with tenants, landlords, Directors, contractors and other parties to ensure all services are delivered to the highest standard and expectations are fully met.
- To attend management meetings, AGMs and facilitate customer forums - managing logistic and the information to be shared. Encourage positive attendance and circulate minutes within SLAs.
- To produce a first drafts of key customer information for sign off and finalisation by the SPM, for example budgets, financial commentaries and quarterly reports.
- To maintain weekly, if not daily, contact with site staff in order to foster strong relations and ensure adequate support and oversight.
- To provide property management advice to existing and potential clients
- To proactively meet all customer communication needs, using a variety of media.
Driving Quality and Continuous Improvement
- To deliver a schedule of site visits, including formal property assessments together with maintaining an informal presence, following through actions to completion.
- To quality check office staff in terms of data capture, system usage, telephone manner and service delivery, providing feedback and coaching in order to drive continuous improvement.
- To act as the Qube system expert, monitoring knowledge gaps and providing regular advice and formal training. To be accountable for ensuring the system is properly and fully utilised, with all data captured accurately.
- To act as a senior person on the Property team, coaching and supporting colleagues across the office, so as to maintain the highest standards of performance.
- To ensure works and all services are delivered against budget, managing purchase orders, invoices, contracts and any associated financial administration.
- To contribute to effective financial management, producing service charge budgets or carrying out periodic spend v’s budget reviews and support the SPM in any tender process.
- To support the SPM in delivering key financial information to clients and responding to questions and concerns.
- Excellent communication and active listening skills.
- Experience working on large projects with tight deadlines.
- Effective planning, prioritising and decision making skills.
- Coaching and feedback skills.
- A true team player.
- Financial management skills and detailed understanding.
Critical knowledge required:
- Industry specific knowledge, built up through experience of residential property management.
- Knowledgeable in relevant regulations, legislation, guidance and best practice. Able to apply knowledge practically day-to-day, for example in terms of RICs, ARMA-Q and H&S legislation.
- Seeks opportunities to develop and maintain the necessary technical knowledge required to be fully effective in role.
- Good basic level of education.
- Qualified up to IRPM Member level, or willingness to work towards.
- 2 years experience within the property management arena, preferably residential property or block management.
urbanbubble requires people who are professional, hard working, innovative, passionate; who are effective in their roles and who truly engage with the customer.
Note: the Property Manager for the Bespoke portfolio will operate with different timescales and remit and reporting line, please consult the Property Management Schedule (PMS).