As a Senior Estates Manager, you will oversee the day-to-day operations and ensure that all services and activities are carried out efficiently, enabling profitable operation of the Estates. This role will be based at Greenford Quay however also lead on the Greystar Estates in the Greater London Area. You will be responsible for developing and maintaining effective working relationships with all stakeholders as well as collaborating with Operational, Legal and Finance colleagues to negotiate the best outcomes for the business delivering excellent customer service to all residents, contractors and visitors.
Key Role Responsibilities:
- Oversee the operation and maintenance of the Greystar Multifamily Estates.
- Manage the budgets and service charge of the estate including 3rd party developers, retail, commercial, energy centre and other 3rd parties.
- Manage and own service charge pack, service charge reconciliation and service charge wash up process. Including RICS Service Charge Code of Practice.
- Communicate with customers, building meaningful business relationships, organising regular meetings and engagement forums with occupiers that further develops relationships and occupier satisfaction.
- Develop and maintain security procedures especially the business continuity plan; to review and implement lock-down procedures and communicate to occupiers & ensure adequate provision is made for emergency and out of hours cover, especially in relation to security, maintenance and cleaning.
- Manage estate-wide contracts including but not limited to cleaning, security, hard and soft landscaping, electrical, M&E, H&S etc.
- Take ownership of and fully resolve issues in a timely fashion all physical standards and procedures, occupier queries or complaints and any other event that may affect the normal operations
- Manage all service providers in maintaining the Estates to the highest of standards for all occupiers, visitors, and guests
- Manage direct reports effectively, delegating tasks as appropriate; undertake annual and periodic performance reviews in a timely fashion.
- Manage site regulations and procedures and issue permits to work for all monitor contractor activities on site, ensuring reactive maintenance and day-to-day service requirements are undertaken in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Ensure that the procurement of all supplies and services as part of the Estates Services is undertaken in accordance with Client instructions and Greystar procurement practices to ensure the highest standards for the best price.
- Prepare monthly maintenance, management and performance indicator reporting to meet stakeholder requirements including Investors and Compliance reporting (Health and Safety and Statutory Authority).
- Complete various financial, accounting, narrative, administrative and other reports and analysis and duties as assigned or necessary for the successful execution of the business plans.
- The role will be based in Greenford Quay, West London and will have responsibility for Greystar Multifamily Estates across London (currently Charter Place, Hounslow and Sutton Point, Sutton with planned growth).
- The role will be required to be part of out of hours ‘on call’ roster.
- The role will report to the Regional Operations Manager of Greenford Quay & the Operations Director, Multifamily and will be expected to interact daily with the Property teams (both operations and in-house maintenance).
- The role will liaise with colleagues in regional facilities roles and other asset execution functions as well as colleagues in Development.
- The role may carry out liaison duties with local authority representatives, i.e. building control, fire officers.
- The role will develop relationships with Investors, partner consultants, suppliers and contractors.
Knowledge & Qualifications:
- Graduate Calibre - HND/Degree (e.g. Building Surveying, Services Engineering, Estates Management, Construction Management) in a related discipline or equivalent experience.
- Ideally MRICS qualified or part-qualification (RICS, APM, IWFM or relevant professional association).
- IT literate and fully conversant with all Microsoft packages including PowerPoint (Intermediate level) and Excel (Intermediate level).
- Knowledge of relevant Landlord and Tenant Act, RICS and ARMA guidelines.
- Good understanding of Health and Safety processes; holding IOSH or higher.
- M&E understanding / training advantageous.
Experience & Skills:
- The successful candidate must have experience in a similar role within a high-end residential development or similar premium environment.
- You’ll have managed budgets and overall expenditure, working closely with the Property Managers.
- Experienced and capable at producing and managing service charge budgets, service charges, quarterly reviews and reconciliations. Familiar with the RICS code of practice for service charges.
- Able to evidence a working knowledge of Health and Safety Legislation and Statutory bodies (Planning, Building Control) process and general contracts legislation.
- Experience of delivering maintenance programmes for life safety, BMS Systems including working knowledge of periodic maintenance schedules alongside managing service providers and performance monitoring.
- Excellent communication and customer management skills.
- Strong attention to detail with a commercial perspective.
- Strong written communication skills including the ability to prepare commercial standard business correspondence, reports, documents and business proposals.
- Excellent organisation skills, including the ability to prioritise workload and show good judgment under pressure.
- A positive team player, with an adaptable and flexible approach along with ability to work collaboratively to drive results and support the wider team and business objectives.
- Demonstrated willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities.