The BTR Game
We have challenged three multi-disciplinary multi- company teams to each spend two months creating a virtual BTR scheme. They have taken an initial brief from idea, through design, construction and lease-up to stabilisation. We have “virtually” acquired three real sites across London and brought in some great tech from Vu.city to make the game come to life. Real socio-economic data and a costing model keep the team honest as they face the constraints and choices that face BTR teams in real life.
In this session you, the audience, are the investment committee, deciding which scheme you would support. You have to vote on two questions:
I. Which scheme would you invest in for long-term sustainable returns?
II. Which scheme would you most want to be associated with?
This afternoon, the teams will tempt you to live and to work in their scheme. Along the way they will be challenged by expert panels to justify their designs and strategies and you will see the choices and decision-making processes that go into creating a successful Build To Rent scheme.
Learn more in three hours than in three days at other conferences!
Sam McClary, Editor, EG
Team 1 – Suburban / Low density:
• The Investor / Developer, Rebecca Lewis, Morgan Sindall Investments
• The Architect, Russell Pedley, Assael Architecture
• The Operator, Tristram King, Touchstone
• Head of BTR, Stephanie Douglas, Touchstone
Team 2: Team Cultivate – Urban / Medium Density:
• The Investor / Developer, Todd Marler, Greystar
• The Architect, Brendan Geraghty, Geraghty Taylor
• The Adviser, Gunnar Larsson, G Larsson Properties
Team 3: Bricking It Ltd – Central / High Density
• The Investor / Developer Rebecca Taylor, Long Harbour
• The Architect, Simon Saint, Woods Baggot
• The Adviser, Peter Wyatt, KFH
• The Creative, Steve Edge, Steve Edge Design
• Alex Zolyniak, Associate, Deutsche Finance International
• Roger Southam, Principal, EightyNine Solutions
• Rebecca Burnhams, Associate, Quod