We were joined alongside a distinguished panel of lawyers from the UKAA membership. We discussed the following issues and more:
- 1. Planning: what issues are being seen and how have planning authorities and government been reacting to these?
- 2. Construction: what are the main legal issues being seen now and emerging for the future?
- 3. Development: what are the knock on implications for developers and development agreements?
- 4. Lending what are the lenders doing in the context of build to rent development?
- 5. Investment: How are investment funds behaving and what are we seeing from overseas investors?
- 6. Insolvency: What do we need to think about in the context of potential insolvencies in the market?
Dave Butler, CEO – UKAA
Rebecca Lewis, Senior Development Manager – Morgan Sindall Investments
Andrew Yates, Partner – Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner
David Cordery, Partner – Trowers & Hamlins
Duncan Salmon, Partner – Charles Russell Speechlys
Ian Atkinson, Partner – Womble Bond Dickinson
Nicholle Kingsley, Partner – Pinsent Masons
Anastasia Gorokhova, Real Estate Partner- Osborne Clarke LLP