Thursday 5th April
Another very informative UKAA Roundtable event on ‘Bad Debt’ which was very kindly presented by Mark North and James Attew of Brethertons on Thursday 5th April.
A huge thank you to Allsops for hosting this one for us! It was a great turnout and there was lots of valuable input with everyone around the table sharing their views on how the future should look for debt recovery in the rental market.
The session made for very interesting discussions, covering the following topics:
1) Credit control: identifying a debt issue and follow-up;
2) The tenancy agreement: suitable/unfair clauses regarding defaults.
3) Deposits: legislative restrictions on use as security against arrears.
4) The implications and effect of the debt pre-action protocol;
5) Dispute Resolution – options for the landlord.
Read the overview from the day on our blog page.
Watch this space for information on our upcoming Roundtable events soon!