Following the success of the Suppliers forum launched last year, all Supplier and Adviser members of the UKAA are invited to participate in the UKAA Suppliers’ Council which launches this week.
The main aims of the group will be to:
- Enhance the status of suppliers within the BTR / PRS/ UK Multifamily sector
- Promote best practice / through sharing of knowledge within suppliers and also with other UKAA members and in the development and maintenance of the UKAA best practice guide
- Liaise with the UKAA educational committee to look at the development of qualifications as in the US Certified Apartment Supplier or Certified Apartment Maintenance Technician
- Promote the UK BTR market to new entrants
- Assist new entrants to the UK BTR market to understand how to best engage with buyers and assisting operators / buyers to engage effectively / procure from suppliers / sellers
- Liaise with UKAA Events Committee and UKAA team to ensure the supplier voice is heard, and promoted at UKAA events, particularly the Annual Conference and Expo.
- Lead the UKAA supplier’s forum and relevant events such as Reverse Trade Shows.
The group will base itself on the NAA National Suppliers Council which has been in existence for 20+ years in the US, and is far reaching in its influence.. The long term vision is to create an equivalent structure to the NSC, but as the UK market is still in in its growth phase, it is proposed that the initial structure is kept very simple with a Chair and Vice/ Co-chair appointed from the supplier membership base, chosen through members volunteering for these key positions. The Chair and vice/co-chair would also be part of the broader UKAA Strategic Advisory Group.
UKAA Supplier Members are invited to attend the launch meeting at 12:00 on Thursday 14th January at which plans and structure of the Council will be outlined. Please contact Tim Swaddle if you would like to be considered for a formal position on the Council.