Covid 19 - UKAA Statement & Resources for use by Members
Here at UKAA we are adapting our programme in light of the current Covid 19 situation:
1. Leadership – we are working with our members to share experiences and best practice and have established a new section of our website to provide information from a range of sources.
2. Liaison - we are responding to Government where appropriate working alongside other bodies such as IRPM and the BPF.
3. Round table programme - We are converting our programme of round tables to webinars to allow more people to participate, more events to take place and remove the need for physical travel. We will publish the schedule as soon as possible, but if you would like to host a virtual round table then do please let us know – we now have the capacity to put on more events.
4. Study Tours - All UK study tours up to the end of May are put on hold until the situation becomes clear and we are able to schedule dates.
5. The BTRs – The Build to Rent Talent Recognition awards are currently scheduled for 30th June and we continue to take nominations. Nominate your friends and colleagues here. We have agreed to extend the period covered by the awards to the end of May. This is to allow deserved and quick recognition in this the most difficult of times. Even if the event itself cannot go ahead in June, we will still be making the awards.
6. UKAA Conference - The annual UKAA conference and dinner scheduled for November 17th is at this current time due to proceed as planned.
7. UKAA meetings - All UKAA board and committee meetings will be conducted using Zoom rather than face to face.
The focus of the UKAA remains as ever the development and promotion of the BTR sector and our members. We are using the current challenges as an opportunity to improve how we operate - particularly using the ongoing implementation of SheepCRM to streamline our processes and make best use of our investment in systems and technology.
We will also use News buzz to keep you informed of useful information about the fight against Covid19 to supplement the efforts of your own teams, building on leadership from the UKAA Ops committee and expertise amongst our membership which we have shared below. Please let us know if there are any areas that you would like the UKAA to focus on.
UKAA - the organisation for the UK Build To Rent sector
A member of the global alliance of the NAA (National Apartment Association of USA)
Our Founding Sponsors
Who we are
The leading association for everyone involved in the UK Build To Rent sector.
To make Build To Rent a lifestyle of choice for our customers by:
- Spreading the message about the benefits of Build To Rent;
- Communicating how Build To Rent can help address the UK’s housing crisis;
- Developing best practice amongst our members, raising standards and focussing on our customers;
- Enabling our members to learn from each other and from 40 years of experience from the USA;
- Creating the authoritative source for information on Build To Rent in the UK.
Our activities include:
- A comprehensive events programme for our members, covering business to business networking, peer to peer learning, supplier forums, and social events;
- Educational and training programmes and opportunities, addressing the current and future needs of our members, their teams and people entering the sector;
- UK and international study tours to understand best practice, learn about the future and research alternative solutions to common problems;
- Research and innovation projects to improve the quality of decision making by the industry and other stakeholders including government.
- Working with other property organisations and stakeholders, to ensure a single voice for the sector, efficient use of resources and improved outcomes.
What we offer to our members.
Education & Training
A focus on our customers is a key differentiator of Build To Rent, UKAA has designed bespoke customer service training with our award winning educational partners - LiveWire, Experientialists in People, Space & Service www.livewire-experience.com. See how we can help you with training here .